Welcome To Jinja Trade Fair Gift Shop
Seeing women making jewelry from recycled paper, seeds, and stones gave Dr. Joy Ngobi and her husband Gideon an idea to improve lives. Opening a market in the United States seemed the perfect way to help the artisans in Uganda earn a sustainable living, and be able to pursue educational opportunities. This was the beginning of Jinja Jewelry.
- The Ngobis decided a non-profit was the best way to realize this dream.
- They hoped to expand the dream of educating the impoverished orphan children of the area.
- This commitment went forward, irrespective of race, color, social status or religion.
- In April of 2008 the non-profit “Hope Institute of Uganda” was born.
- Jinja Fair Trade Gift Shop was Created to help the artisans in uganda live a better life and also used to provide education for a lot of students who have no hope for education.
- Plans included a medical services program to enable the poor and ill to access much-needed medical care.